Strategy of the Academy
The Military Academy of Lithuania is an exceptional national institution of higher education, which harmoniously combines university studies and military training, qualitatively prepares and trains fully educated and responsible officer leaders, conducts research, and ensures the implementation of lifelong learning principles in accordance with the needs of the Academy.
The General Jonas Žemaitis Military Academy of Lithuania is a modern, internationally recognized university for national security, defence, and military studies, which prepares officer leaders, as well as a competence centre, which conducts relevant and attractive university study programmes, high-level research, and provides an effective network of cooperation with social and academic partners.
- Identification, recruitment, admission, training and education of highly-motivated candidates in accordance with the requirements of the MAL and LAF.
- High-quality student-oriented university and military studies.
- Scientific researches in the fields of security, defence and warfare according to international standards.
- Continuous development of lecturers, instructors and other academic personnel’s subject-specific and teaching competences.
- Increasing organizational efficiency and effectiveness.